The staff has had a busy summer here in the 4-H office preparing for the new year. We are pleased to offer the Agri Career Quest Tour again this year. If you have a senior member interested in exploring career options in the field of agriculture, check out the link and registration information under the eZine tab on the 4-H Manitoba website. Senior Member Event and Provincial Conference will round out our October events. Our First Annual Fundraising Dinner – Green Tie Gala will be held November 1 in Brandon. Watch your email and social media for more details. Provincial Communications Event will be held in April in Portage la Prairie. Rally will be back in May. We are excited to offer a NEW format for Intermediate Camp in summer 2024. Watch for details in the eZine and on the 4-H Manitoba website.
Head Leaders are reminded to bring their binders to Reorg meetings. To be environmentally friendly, M4HC will be updating some of the sections instead of replacing the entire binder. Leaders of new 4-H clubs will receive binders containing all the sections.
- Red River Area Council Reorganization – Tuesday, September 5 at the Carman Arts Centre
- Eastman Area Council Reorg – Wednesday, September 6 at Roadhouse 52 in Steinbach
- North Parkland Area Council Reorg – Thursday, September 7 at Parkland Crossing in Dauphin
- Southwest Area Council’s Boissevain Zone Reorganization – Monday, September 11 at Boissevain’s town office
- Southwest AC’s Brandon Zone Reorg – Tuesday, September 12 at Roseland Hall in Roseland
- South Parkland Area Council Reorganization – Monday, September 18 at Boston Pizza in Neepawa
- South Interlake AC Reorg – Tuesday, September 19 at Fryday’s in Teulon
- Southwest AC’s Virden/Melita Zones Reorg – Tuesday, September 19 at Pipestone Hall in Pipestone
- Central Plains AC Reorg – Wednesday, September 20 at Heartland Rec Centre in MacGregor
- North Interlake AC Reorg – Tuesday, September 26 at Eriksdale School in Eriksdale
- Pembina AC Reorg – Wednesday, October 18 – at Pilot Mound Library in Pilot Mound
- Valleys North AC Reorg – Tuesday, October 24 – time and location to be determined
For more information, contact your Club Support Coordinator.
With the new 4-H year underway, Head Leaders, members and families are reminded to accept the @4h.mb.ca domain as a trusted sender in their email systems to ensure they will receive correspondence from staff.
4-H Manitoba Head Leaders are reminded for 2023-24 and future years, Manitoba 4-H Council will be forwarding Leader Years of Service and Member Years in 4-H seals and certificates following completion of the year (after August 31 in each year). Seals and certificates will be available at Reorg meetings.
4-H Manitoba’s very popular Agri Career Quest only has seven spots left. If you will be 15-25 years old on January 1, 2024, you are eligible to register. Your spot is secure once the $125.00 registration fee is received and you have enrolled in your 4-H club for the 2023-24 season. Visit https://www.4hmanitoba.ca/ to register. This can be used as your 4-H Project for the 2023/24 year.
Once registration closes, more information and an itinerary will be provided.